6.29.2011

My first pregnancy post! (20 weeks)


For pictures see Baby Bump pics on my baby photog's site here

How far long
: 20 weeks (5 days)

Weight gain: (since pre-preggers) 15

Sleep: Started to put a pillow under the belly to support (and protect from Zay in wee early morning hours)

Feelings/Movement: I had no feeling since Sun night in my belly. But emotionally, I have deniably felt nervous, worried and troublesome. On early Mon morning when Zay came into our bed to lay with us for a few hours, while falling back asleep he slammed his hard noggin on my belly and caused me to lose my breath for a sec. I felt like I had just been bruised hard and had to roll over and breathe deep to recover. The next 36 hours I felt nothing, and even on Tuesday morning, I felt like my belly was even flatter than the recent mornings when my bladder was full and i felt swollen from the heat. Tuesday midday, I even started talking to my belly in the women's bathroom At 1pm, I called my OB office and after speaking to a nurse, I scheduled a quick visit for a heartbeat checkup. It was w/ Amy, who I knew well and who helped w/ the first 1/2 of my labor w/ Zay. The nurse came in and took my weight and pee sample and I have her the low down on what happened. When Amy came in, she placed that doppler on my belly and we listened to lumpia's heartbeat an movement. My heart skipped a beat in nervousness when she moved that gadget around me looking for a steady beat. It hurt a little based on how she probed but alas, there was our little blessing.

Food: Burger King Whopper w/ no lettuce, tomato or cheese (whopper jr is cheaper!), 1/2 and 1/2 sweet tea

What I miss:the cold air and the energy to put away folded laundry
Looking forward to: starting my blog and updating it until now about pregnancy(ies)

Random thought: Had a strange dream last night that we flew to the PI frequently and always eat at the same restaurant

Say What? Midwife mentioned that trauma hits to the belly were more of a concern in 3rd trimester, and it's more of the seperation or damage to the placenta that really mattered. The pain I have been describing to her was the stretching of ligaments that support my lumpia's hotel room (aka uterus). Since this is #2, the stretching happens faster and quicker and easier for me to feel.

Compared to Henri: I was just starting to wear more maternity clothes last time. They say that you get bigger faster your second time around, but geez! I have been wearing maternity clothes since maybe 15 weeks (if not earlier?). Also at 20 weeks w/ Henri, 530 days ago to be exact, Matt felt baby Henri move for the first time.

share on: facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment