10.20.2011

Getting our Lamaze on...

(Oct 14-20th)


How far long:  36 weeks (and 6 days)

Weight gain:  29 since pre-pregnancy weight. Officially passed up hubby's weight.

Sleep: Sucks. I get up about once every 75-90 min to pee. Two nights ago, I looked at the clock and I went pee at 9:30, 1am, 2:30, 3 something, 6:30. And times in between those I felt myself suck it up and hold it. Still having vivid dreams, so I guess when I am asleep it's REM.

Feelings/Movement:
  • I'm more watching body parts move horizontally across my belly
  • Slower movements, but baby lumpia seems to doing yoga poses and stretches
  • I am feeling more and more tired earlier in the evening. After a long work day, sitting around the couches in front of the TV just cuddling and watching my toddler is more fun than doing anything else. I'd rather be cuddling w/ him then doing any of his nightly routine (but I still got to do it!)
  • I am actually waddling and supporting my back w/ one hand like those over-acting actresses in movies when I get up in the AM
  • My feet have actually fallen asleep while using the potty because of all this weight
  • BRAXTON HICKS & HEARTBURN (yes capitalized)
Stretch Marks: Yeah. Yup. More of them. I thought I was done so I stopped blogging about them. But new ones have claimed real estate

Food:   I am not eating much this week. It seems tiring for me to eat and I don't feel like I have any room. But then the headache and low blood sugar feelings settle in and I remember eating is fun. Again, whatever I want, I want it  2-3 days in a row
  • Garlic fried rice, scambled eggs and bacon (breakfast and at dinner time)
  • Loving my water, but even that has given me heartburn
  • Still loving the lightness and fufilling bowls of publix fruit bowls
  • Discovered arby's chocolate turnovers - flaky goodness (guess it replaced my baklava craving)

Maternity Clothes:
My fave has to be hubby's wife-beaters. I HEART them like no other. Too bad I can't wear them at work. My closet is clean and my laundry is done and I sectioned off a very small area of my closet for any clothes that fit me (maternity and non-maternity). The amount of clothes is a bit depressing, but at least I don't have to spend time thinking about options in the morning.

Bought this as my last maternity clothing H&M mama maternity shirt
What I miss: 
  • Sleeping longer throughout the night w/out peeing. 
  • Sitting at my cube comfortably. There is a baby between me and the keyboard and my chair doesn't adjust any lower
  • Energy to put into looking cute everyday. 
  • Wine
Looking forward to:
  • My shower being almost DONE! 
  • Toddler/guess room being painted. 
  • Washing my gender neutral 0-3 months clothes and the infant car seat cover.
  • Getting a facial 
  • Packing my hospital bag. Yup I haven't done that yet
  • Last but not least, finishing the Lamaze videos that hubby rented from the library 
We decided to watch videos in the comfort of our own home due to the ugly work/home life schedules we have. Plus we can cuddle, laugh and it's more fun at 1am versus a Sat all-day

Random thought:
I am SO excited that stuff has gotten accomplished in this last week. My bedroom wall finally has a beautiful set of artwork and wall sconces (first time all done up in 6-7 years). I am loving that more friends of mine are also pregnant.

Say what?:

My friend Kelly at Mass: "Belly, Belly, Belly"
(as she pointed to me, then our friend Bess , then our friend E) as us 3 pregos sat one pew behind another. We are all due within about 10 days of each other. 

9-10 yr girl at another Mass: "Peace Be with You too"
she said as she put her hands on my belly during the Sign of Peace at Mass. She came out of nowhere

Coworkers keep asking me how many more weeks. Lots of them say I am going to give birth right now

And sweet conversations from daddy to his baby lumpia in utero.
It is so sweet and loving to watch him hug, rub, kiss and  hear him talk to baby lumpia.

Compared to Henri:
  • I had all of my maternity leave forms, hospital paperwork and birthing plan and hospital bag packed at  this point when I was pregnant w/ Henri. I am no where near that now w/ baby Lumpia and I need to make these things my priority
  • I am DEFINITELY more nervous and scared and feeling like I will go earlier than my due date. And the stress that comes with that. When I was pregnant w/ Henri I was worried, scared and nervous that I would go way past my due date and was worried about when they would induce me. 
  • Intense Braxton hicks now then w/ Henri
  • Similarly,  I'm all about the sweet cookies, cakes and pastries this late in my pregnancy
Milestones:
With everything else on our minds, it is a milestone to me that in only less than an hour into our Lamaze video, hubby and I memorized the signs we expect to see developing in the last 2-4 weeks of pregnancy, the signs and stages of when are going into labor and the steps to take if and when our water breaks. We are proud to say that we have hit all those 3/6 healthy signs they tell you are truly ready to go into labor.

OH and THIS:
  • I got my first prenatal massage in my entire pregnancy on friday during lunch. It was amazing and inexpensive. I have been getting those chinese guys mall massages throughout my pregnancy, but this was the first 50 min prenatal massage and she did wonders for my lower back
  • The Boppy is a great comfortable pillow to put around my belly and use my laptop. Truly feel comfortable!
  • I LOVE lighting candles late at night and my lavender bubble baths

share on: facebook

1 comment: