I had my 34 week check-up two days ago, Wed, Oct 5th with the same midwife I saw on my 32nd week. There is a total of 4 midwives that I have been seeing (the 5ths is on maternity leave) and I like all of them.
Highlights of my appointment:
- Pee Test: Okay looking I guess. When I placed my plastic dixie cup in the cabinet, another woman's cup was next to mine and looked clearer. Hmm, still got to keep up my H20 intake.Good news is that the midwife told me that tests have been clean, no gluecose, pH and proteins look good.
- Weigh in: 27 lbs gain since pre-pregnancy weight. (yup, i did gain those 2 lbs in 2 weeks)
- Blood pressure: 108/60.
- While waiting: I didn't wait long at all. Matter of fact, my midwife took my weight and BP instead of a nurse since they were busy. So we talked about what I was feeling while we took my vital signs.
- Baby heartbeat:143 beats/min
She measured my belly and I asked her how much did she think my baby weighed. I told her I look and feel much bigger at this stage compared to my last prenancy. She ask me how much Henri weighed and I said 6lbs 10 oz. She predicted that baby lumpia was going to be a bit bigger, and that baby is just about 5lbs right now. She felt around my belly after using the doppler, and she siad that the head is completely down. I asked if baby can still turn around and she said yes, but it is VERY unlikely. Head down, butt on my right side, legs to the left and baby facing my left side. This is why it is so comfortable to sleep on my right side. The other great news she said is that at 34 weeks my baby's lungs are FULLY developed so that if I were to deliver right now, baby would be in hospital, but chances are extremely good for being healthy. I do want baby to bake a littlke more though.
share on: facebook
So glad things are finishing up smoothly for you! Keep it up! Just a few more weeks :)
ReplyDelete