10.12.2011

the unknown countdown begins (weeks 34, 35)

(my update for 9/24-10/12)


How far long:  34 weeks (blogging at exactly 30 days left to go)

Weight gain:  27 since pre-pregnancy weight.

Sleep: When  asleep, it's great!  Having a much harder time getting ready to sleep (both me and my toddler) then actually sleeping. Abnormal work schedules equals family business late night. Been waking up several times in the night to pee from baby rolling around and settling down directly on top of my bladdar.

Feelings/Movement:
  • more pushes and elbow, knees and baby butt-pushing stretches ( wonder how much room baby has left in hotel womb, my belly is still growing!)
  • straining to push myself up off anything, bed/chairs/couches/car (especially after eating)
  • had walks where I have had to stop, breathe and concentrate on not peeing in my pants or
  • lots of stiffening and tighening of my lower abdomen - BRAXTON HICKS ALL THE WAY
  • some  morning sickness feelings come back - possibly due to my times in taking iron or having some caffeine
Food:   I have to have whatever I crave like 2-3 days in a row (or sometimes just 2x in one day)
  • Starbucks perfect oatmeal  w/ brown sugar and nuts almost every breakfast morning (thank goodness for my starbucks mobile card app)
  • Need to lay off the starbucks tall 1/2 caffe 4 pump-mocha  -averaging 4/7 days of the week and last few days started feeling more morning sickness type feelings after drinking them  
  • been LOVING water -- so much water = much more peeing 
  • Still sweet stuff, lately ethnic sweet foods like baklava and dim sum sesame balls w/ red mung bean

 
Maternity Clothes: Been eBaying and getting great deals, but with every great deal, I get one not so great. Bought a top w/ a pea in the pod label but it's clearly NOT a maternity pc of clothing (so I will have to wait until after baby is out and i lose some weight)
  • Paige maternity denim leggings (basically very flexible skinny jeans from eBay @ 1/2 cost). Doesn't look maternity and even though i leave the button undone since it can dig into my bottom belly, I can wear these after maternity until I get back down to my normal size
  • One floral maternity top
  • Broke out some of my last year's winter maternity tops (2 only)
  • LOVING my hubby's wife beaters, athlethic shorts and my yoga pants - basically my favorite stuff EVER
What I miss: Being able to stand for longer periods of time without getting tired or having to pee right away

Looking forward to:  My sister coming at the end of October to be with me for more baby prep and being with me during my delivery

Random thought:
Need to get on the ball and read and review chapters on labor/ delivery and watch some videos online.
Need to pre-fill out our baby birthing plan and forms we can fill out before hand.
Need to look at the budget and set aside our co-pay.
Need to post more week-by-week pics of me.
These are not random thoughts, I think I just made myself another to-do list

Say what?:
Heidi (author of what to expect when you're expecting):  They are not performers are they
(she said with a joyful smile as she touches my belly after telling her that I am one of the actual pregnant extras on set)

Hubby: That is a serious belly
Yes babe, yes it is

Hostess at Akina Sushi (in the hardest asian accent): WOW! Baby getting BIG!!!

Coworker: Under 6 weeks left
Me: No, I have 6-7 weeks left
Coworker: No, you have under 6 weeks left, actually 5 weeks left
me wide-eyed in realization... how did i lose count? They are due the same day!

Compared to Henri: 
  • I weighed this much when I delivered Henri and I still have just under 5 weeks to go.
  • Braxton hicks much, much more at this point and feeling them much harder and intense to a point where I have to breathe through some of them. Midwife says I need to drink more water when I am getting themand it will help.
  • Feet and legs fall asleep and feel the pressure much more than last pregnancy.  Ironically, I am taking longer walks then I did when I was pregnant with Henri. 
  • I can feel baby's lumpia's limbs more firmly. Maybe that is just because I know what to expect.

 Milestones:
I have exactly ONE month left and it's the size of a large honeydew melon. Baby's lungs are fully developed and only a very short stay at the hospital would be needed if I delivered today. On a personal preparation note, I have bought some nesting stuff for my home, not necessarily baby related, but small pieces that will make my stay at home more visibly appealing and comfortable.

OH and THIS:
I am REALLY loving the fact that hubby rubs my lower back almost all the time (sometimes before wishing me good morning or even greeting me). I really really really love lower back massages. And I found some great deals on a facial and massage for my spa day :)

share on: facebook

1 comment:

  1. I cannot believe you're so close! 30ish days. I am so excited to meet your little eggroll :) Any hunches if it's a boy or girl??? (I am voting GIRL!)

    ReplyDelete