9.23.2011

32 week check-up

I had my 32 week check-up yesterday, Wed, Sept 21st with a midwife I haven't seen since last pregnancy. As much stress as a larger OB/midwife practice can provide since anyone of them can deliver you, I am very happy with the four midwives that may deliver me when I go into labor

Highlights of my appointment:

- Pee Test: Clean, no spillage and color was great! I guess I am getting better at hydration. I haven't heard any news about concerns for my protein or sugar intake, so no news is good news.

- Weigh in: 25 lbs gain since pre-pregnancy weight.

- Blood pressure: 92/60. I think that is what she said

- While waiting: I didn't wait long at all. She came in right away and I have just been resting upright on my patient table after my favorite nurse April positioned it for me.

- Baby heartbeat:160 beats/min

She asked me if I was having a boy or a girl. I said it was a surprise for me. They don't really know and it is not documented anywhere in my life. I got my ultrasounds from Maternal Fetal Specialists, a different office. The midwife told me well if you listen to the old wives tale, with a heartrate that baby lumpia was showing at and at this time of the day, she said a higher heartrate can indicate a girl. I was facinated. I asked her when the heartrate is taken if it is actually being listened to on his/her chest the same way a doctor would listen to my heartrate on my chest. I didn't know if the dopplar was actually pointed directly at baby lumpia's chest. She said it most definitely was. When baby moves too much or sits in way where the dopplar can't be pointed at the chest, you can get heartrate through the cord, but 9/10 times it is from the chest directly.

AMAZING!

She also measured the length of my belly, from pubic bone to top of the belly.She said they just check to make sure baby is growing.
32 centimeters. 32 centimeters at the 32 week check up. Coin-ki-dink? ::shrugged shoulders::


Hmmm..so you think it's a girl?
share on: facebook

2 comments:

  1. Emmalyn consistently had a heartbeat in the 150-160 range.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've voting GIRL!!!! Ninjalina is always around 160 ;)

    ReplyDelete