9.15.2011

More H20 Please (30 week appt check-up)

So I forgot to post this, and my written draft just stayed in my queue.

On Tues, Sept 6th, I had an 8am appointment w/ my midwife. I was running very late, and even though I had given myself over 25 min to travel 6 miles, it was clearly not enough, with the Georgia rain coming down and the madness that the road suffer from kids going back to school. Ah well, they said they were able to move my appointment up to 8:30 AM, which should be long enough to be seen and then I can head back to work by 9:15.



Highlights of my appointment:

- Pee Test: DARK DARK shade of Yellow.
YIKES! Now I got everything in the cup without me actually peeing on myself. And yes, I even remembered to write my name on it first. I did drip a bit on the floor, but cleaned it up nicely.
As soon as I opened that cubby door to put my dixie size cup of liquid, I immediately knew what they were going to say, It was definitely a VERY VERY dark shade of yellow.
Man, have I been that dehydrated? I know I slacked on my water drinking, but WOW!

- Weigh in: 23 lbs gain since pre-pregnancy weight.

- Blood pressure: 110/70. Still going good!

- While waiting:Browsed through an old copy of People magazine with celebrity bumps and stories. Jessica Alba! Fun stuff.

- I had my favorite nurse April who took all the vital signs. I showed her my new "other bump" the sty on my left eye. She said that she knew there was something different about me that she didn't recognize me at first: it was me sporting my fashionable Prada glasses instead of normally wearing contacts. She said definitely show my midwife that.

- Baby heartbeat:142 beats/min

The midwife I saw today was the same midwife that I broke down crying in front of exactly at this same time in my last pregnancy. She is rated as one of the top midwives of this practice and around Atlanta (Creative Loafing did an article). I will have to blog about that past experience later.

She felt and prodded and pushed and massaged my baby bump. As weird as it was, it felt so good. Why can't I do it the same way she does? It's like she knows exactly what Baby Lumpia is doing and how to position baby to make me feel more comfortable. She also measured by belly with a measuring tape, but I forgot to ask the length.I will have to ask that next time.

She did give me a talking to and said that yes, the few pains and cramps that I have been feeling is definitely baby moving and some contractions (in regards to the tightness and releasing times). But a lot of this can be elimiated if I drank more H20. Duly noted.
share on: facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment