| Aug 19, 2011 @ 28 weeks |
![]() | |||
| Aug 20, 2011 @ 28 weeks - Yes this is preggo me and DH at Prohibition, a bar/cigar bar |
![]() |
| Sept 2, 2011 @30 weeks - Lake Lanier on a 18' roundabout rental |
How far long: Right now I am 30 weeks, 4 day. Yup officially in the 3rd trimester. According to TheBump, baby Lumpia is about the size of a growing squash. This post covering 3 weeks 28, 29, 30th illustrates how busy I am. Or how tired I am and just want to sleep versus stay up and blog. But now that I have started, I am feeling relieved. There is just something peaceful that comes from blogging/journaling.
Weight gain: At 30, yes 30 weeks, I have gained an even 23 lbs. So not much since my 27th week, but still gaining and healthily.
Sleep: I find myself dreaming very vivid dreams, so I know I am getting deep sleep, but as far as how much, I am not as sure. I find myself up late at night staring at random rooms in my house (we don't have too much room, but enough to stare) and just ponder while my nesting mind thinks of what needs to be bought, hung up on the wall, painted, etc. So I have been going to bed very late after putting my little 15month old to sleep. You think the calming lotion scent I put on baby after his bath would also make my sleepy, and it does. But yet I still let my nesting mind wander. That at Craigslist-ing and eBay-ing new baby stuff.
Feelings/Movement: Oh yeah. I am LOVING these mini pops that just stick out of my belly and watching them jab my right side, mainly because baby lumpia chills out on that side. It's no wonder I sleep on my right side. Dear hubby has been feeling it too, and it's usually at night. It's as if during the day I am moving around, yes even when I just sit in a cube all day, and baby lumpia sleeps while I am moving around. It's when I lay down that Baby is awake cause I have stopped walking around. It's so cute! The trade-off is that I am also feeling the pain that much more. This past Friday, on my day off, we stopped by the mall to get another Chinese guy chair massage. Last night, I had DH used one of our toddler's baby toy balls to roll around and massage my lower back. Mmmm..... relief.
Food: I don't think I am craving anything recently, except I have had an insane amount of Klondike Oreo cookie sandwiches, Zaxby's grilled cheese sandwiches and and grapefruit Izzy's. I am still preferring red meat over pork or poultry, but I am really not craving it.And when I do eat red meat, I prefer it Asian-ish. For instance, I am loving Panda's Kobari beef, and instead of fast food, I get Panda's. As a matter of fact, I am finding recently what I do not have a tasting for. Not exactly food aversions, but i know I would rather stay away from chicken. I think this is because DH has pretty much given it up. And as I mentioned, I am not interested in fast food, except french fries.
What I miss: On a more serious note, lately I have been missing my stepson Jack, A LOT. In all honesty, I had so much help when he was around, from fetching diapers and clothes, cleaning up baby toys and even just keeping an eye on his little brother while I ran upstairs to get a few things done. But even with the benefits aside (having a 9-year old stepson to keep me in routine everything), I am truly missing watching him play with is little brother, wrestling and making him tired, pushing the baby stroller around while I walked the dog....and even asking me questions about my pregnancy of his new sibling. He never really wanted to feel the baby move, but Jack always let me know he was thinking about Baby Lumpia. When he left on Aug 20th, things surprisingly transitioned easily, but that is only because I became pre-occupied with toddler and my womb. But when times are quiet like they are now, I am reminded that he is not here with us physcially.
Looking forward to: I am looking forward to more baby shopping! I have found some great deals that I plan on getting. I bid and won a new in box Ergo baby carrier sport for $79 including shipping (retail $109), another Summer Infant Bestview video baby monitor like we already have for $80 new in box (retail $200 - but will get more wall safety clips). I don't have much to buy, but I love finding deals whereever I can. And I am looking forward to using all of my buy buy baby and babies r us coupons!
Random thought: I was wondering why when I was feeling baby lumpia move, why I also feel it extend into the area where my right hip and thigh joins. It seriously feels like baby's leg somehow hangs down and initiates feeling and movement down towards that area. After speaking to of my midwives about this, she told me that it is just pressure and possibly even the pulse in that area that I am freeling that comes with baby moving. More on feeling more with a 2nd and subsequent pregnancy.
Say What?
Lady coworker (RT): How far are you?
Me: I have just under 3 months left
Lady coworker: I was looking at you earlier. You don't look pregnant from behind
She really thinks that?
Another Lady coworker (SW): You are the best dressed pregnant woman
How sweet is this!
Hubby (at seperate times)
- Wow! I can't believe how big your belly is!
- I can't believe you have 2 and 1/2 months left
T
hanks for keeping it real babe.
T
hanks for keeping it real babe.
Hubby: Stay Pregnant San Diego
Yeah! A Ron Burgandy reference to my pregnancy.
Me: Ah yes. And I am growing a life inside of me.
To any response that Hubby says (about chores, to caring for baby Zay, to any work or family related matters). Pulling the pregnancy card and rightfully so.
Compared to Henri: I never pulled the pregnancy card w/ Henri. This time, it gets whipped out for everything. I say it is because I feel everything much more, just like midwife says. Subsequent pregancies doesn't provide me with the strength and elasticity that my body has had with my first preganancy. Also, I find myself saying to myself, I am tried of being pregnant now and I just want this baby to come already. Obviously I truly don't , because every day is one more day to better life and survival as well as I am not ready to stop working and care for two under two yet, but I do find myself tired of being pregnant. With Henri, I LOVED being pregnant with him and all the new and exciting feelings.
Milestones: Hubby and I have made signifant progress (as in 95% done) with cleaning the garage! I can soon park my car in there after one load goes to our storage unit. I am SO Stoked. Why is this a milestone? because it has been since my last nesting phase, (yes LAST nesting phase, as in last pregnancy) since I have parked my Nissan Sentra there. Another crazy milestone is that yes, I have 10 weeks left. That is less than one week away from single digit weeks. The countdown on the right side of this blog is really moving. Another milestone for baby Lumpia is that according to the March of Dimes, about 9 out of 10 babies born at 28 weeks survive. So this is a very good percentage should something unexpected happens. At 28 weeks, I thought this was adorable
OH and THIS: On Aug 23rd at 28 weeks, I had a bit of a pregnancy scare based on how much pain I was feeling. The kind that no matter how much I knew and was willing to deal with, I was very scared that I called to have the on-call midwife paged. My stomach was hruting so bad. It felt like my stomach was contracting and then releasing and then contracting again. This happened like 5 or 6 times within the hour. I had a rock hard belly, lower back pain and the kind of pain where I felt like I had too much weight even. The thought of bed rest frightened me, and when you have preggo brain, everything is that much more amplified. I know I have felt this pain before pregnancy, so I thought that maybe I had food poisoning. Then I was worried all over again. I thought that if I ate something bad, so did Baby Lumpia. All these worries and I had a crying toddler in his crib who was fighting sleep and anything else.
With God's help, Baby Zay stopped crying, DH came home to comfort me and I feel asleep, without dinner, but with some water and some readjustment of pillows. I did not want to re-live that evening,
share on: facebook



No comments:
Post a Comment