Single digits left (weeks 31, 32)
How far long: Right now I am 32 weeks, 6 days. Wow. We have entered the single numbers. The time is going to FLY by and yet, there are days I wake up and as I struggle to get all this weight off my bed, I think to myself, is this almost over? According to TheBump, baby Lumpia is still about the size of a squash. Yet I feel like this squash has gotten SO big since my last preggo post.
Weight gain: At 32 weeks, I have gained 25 lbs since pre-pregnancy weight. There are times where I weigh 2 lbs more after I eat a meal. Seriously?! 2 lbs more? Is that really 2 lbs of food that I ate?
Sleep: Seeing how my beautiful 15, almost 16 month old is finding his way in the center of my bed, and often times lying across my bed earlier in the night, sleeping has been more challenging. I find myself sleeping sitting up with a neck roll pillow behind my head and then in the middle of the night, I strip a few pillows off and try and lie down. I cannot do without my body pillow. Putting a cushion between my legs and one throw pillow under my belly is the only way I can best feel like my body is level with the bed. Ugh. But I am going to bed earlier, which means I am not blogging much :)
Feelings/Movement: These last two weeks I have had some HARD jabs. Not just slow elbows or knees, but serious hard jabs where my belly would emit a vigorous shake. Amazing and cute, but often shocking. Hubby has definitely put his hands on baby belly much more these past two weeks and doing a lot of talking and communicating. I truly feel like baby lumpia responds. A few nights this past week, my toddler Zay has wanted more cuddle time than ever and HAS to sit right on top of my belly. It's like he swears I can still hold him like I did when he fell asleep on my chest after breastfeeding him. SIKE, I can't hold him like that anymore. So I have to position him to sit on top of my belly when I lay down; this only makes me want to pee more. The funniest thing is when Zay is laying on me, baby lumpia fights back and kicks like he or she is kicking big brother off me and trying to reclaim space. Wow. It starts already, eh? Luckily, hubby does everything he can to make me feel comfortable, from moving Zay closer to his side of the bed, lower back rubs during our hugs, and foot rubs. YAY!
Food: EVERYTHING SWEET! I am loving and craving all the sweet things I have have enjoyed during my whole pregnancy: Klondike Oreo cookie sandwiches, Strawberry Cheesecakes from Cheesecake Factory, Starbucks morning buns, fresh baked chocolate chip or oatmeal cookies from any restaurant or fast food place, the crust of pies (which means I order any pie) and lately, sorbet ice cream from coldstones or some fro-yo place. I think I got this way at about the same time when I was 7 months pregnant with Zay. Any sweet dessert.
What I miss: Shaving my legs comfortably. I know, a bit TMI and gross, but I am having a hard time shaving my legs in the shower, without actually sitting indian style on the bathtub floor. I won't lie, I have had a few times where hubby pointed out a spot I completely missed. Without the ability to pull my knees up to my chest, back in the shower I go.
I also miss being about to tie my own shoes. This is why I am still in slip-on shoes like mary janes or flip flops. I miss wearing my cute and stylish Paige maternity jeans. Last pregnancy, my third trimester was spent in the warm months. Now that fall starts to call for jeans, I can't fit my stylish (early pregnancy) jeans.
Looking forward to: I really want to look at my budget and just get pampered. I mean a pedicure, a facial, some waxing and a full body prenatal massage. Yeah, I want a spa-type mommy day. (going to check my checkbook register and look at my google cal)
Random thought: So I went to my usual Monday sushi lunch with my co-workers and I learned from two of them about this baby contest from Skyrim. Now I am NOT a gamer, but this idea intrigued me. Skyrim's release date of their game The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is on 11/11/11, my due date. If you deliver a baby on this release date AND name your infant Dovahkiin, which means “Dragonborn” you will to be rewarded w/ a Steam key unlocking every Bethesda game past, present, and future, for your entire life and the life of your child. I guess you call nickname Dove for short. There are also a wealth of other gifts you will receive. Think I am joking? Goo gle it.
Say What?
coworker: Single digits weeks left. Can you believe it?
Me: I know. Wow. It's crazy.
coworker: Tell Matt I'll see him at McDonalds
Me: Can't you guys get something else?
This is referencing McDonalds that is inside Northside Hospital and the only place open in the middle of the night and in walking distance. We are friends w/ him and his wife who delivered her first son 3.5 months before I delivered Zay. They are now expecting again and have a scheduled delivery on our due date at the same hospital. We fully expecting to be in at the same time.
The best sayings were from the hubby these two weeks:
Him: Here, I'll prop my arm up and sleep like this
(as he uses his hand to prop a pillow up for Zay to sort of lean on while he lies across my body)
Me: Thanks, but I don't know if you can sleep like that
Him: It's the least I can do considering what you are going through.
And then he posts this on facebook:
He comments: Ur not big, ur not fat, ur beautiful and growing our family. An awesome gift we can never repay. Except for breakfasts, massages, babysitting, flowers, dancing, balancing my checkbook and todolists and letting you know you kick butt everyday.
That is truly the sweetest thing
Compared to Henri: I am four pounds away from the weight I was when I delivered Henri. And I still have over seven weeks left, where it is very common to gain two pounds per week during the final weeks. Oye!
Milestones: I have been pondering a WHOLE lot lately about what I am going through and what my body is actually going through. I think it is a true milestone on where I am at right now. To the best of my knowledge, I am healthily growing a life inside of me, a baby with a soul and a personality already developing. Everything that I eat, every time I push myself to the limit or choose to let myself rest all affects this little life inside that my hubby and I have made with the help of God. Since I have been married, I have had a miscarriage and then a full pregnancy, and then another miscarriage and now an almost full-term pregnancy. I have had friends along the way that shared my experiences in loss and my experiences in growing a baby. Those friends whom I continue to share and compare current pregnancies have been such a blessing to me and I really do believe that this is a milestone. I continue to pray for a healthy journey into my 40th week throughout labor delivery.
OH and THIS: Hubby and I have decided that we will not be doing the childbirth refresher course.
I asked my midwife at my last appointment if she had any recommendations. She suggested this book if I wanted something tangible to read.
However, she said just youtube Child birth refresher course and a wealth of legit and updated reputable videos resources are out there for us to view. Yes, youtube is a verb.
: I asked my midwife at my last appointment if she had any recommendations. She suggested this book if I wanted something tangible to read.
However, she said just youtube Child birth refresher course and a wealth of legit and updated reputable videos resources are out there for us to view. Yes, youtube is a verb.
share on: facebook

No comments:
Post a Comment